Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Putting on my red shoes


I'm going to be totally shameless. I've got the sassy red shoes on and Im ready.

I recently paid good money for a bad class on web design. I was hoping for more intuitive, and practical information, but all we got was the step by step for a specific software program from the program's user manual. (thanks, but no! none of us in the class even had that software) Needless to say I was disappointed in the class and in myself for having the wrong expectations. On the 1.5 hour drive home I made a discovery about my expectations. I want to start my own website to market my creations......hmm... OH! (slaps head in disgust). I want to know more about marketing. DUH !!! Then I realized I need to put those red shoes on more often and at the very least do some basic self promotion.

This last year I have learned about:

-how to price, and have come up with a decent formula.

-how to take better pictures

-keeping good records, and (yay) dealing with taxes.

This year my goals are:

-earn enough to afford a new computer for my business...this one has asthma, and has to be babied

-learn to market, and advertise effectively

-get not only more traffic to my shop, but increase sales, and earn repeat customers.

So my beautiful friends in blog land I am asking if you have a moment would you kindly take a peek in one or all of my shops and offer any constructive opinions you may have. I am up for honest opinions! (seriously....I am a smartass with thick skin, so honesty doesnt hurt my feelings!) Do you see anything you would change? What would you like to see more of? etc?

FlightFancy - my etsy shop for jewelry, PuddinFoot - my etsy shop for dolls and bears , and

Flightfancy - my new shop at Artfire(yes I know this needs more stock and am working on making more now) Thank you :)

2 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

You know I want to see some of you Art Dolls in Puddin Foot....get a wiggle on girl...You have to much talent to waste it....

FlightFancy said...

ya ya Baroness....Im on it! :D at least 1 new doll this weekend!