Monday, June 8, 2009

MIL & Battle Days



It is with great guilt I am sneaking up to the computer room to post. My mother in law is still here and I have left her to her own devices downstairs in the living room. While I enjoy sitting on my backside and chatting occasionally. I am getting to a point of some kind of primitive insanity from having to do so constantly for the last 4 days. I am very weary of wearing a permasmile through yet another chat about Nordstrom's semi annual sale or how the dog missed his groomer's appointment because he would just wind up a mess at my house...........sigh.

No great Battles with my MIL I do love her, we just have very little in common other than her son. The Battle Days portion of this was the reason for familial visitation. Our small town celebration "Battle Days" was this last weekend, and MIL's high school reunion. Of course being a very small town almost everyone is involved in the celebration in one form or another. I held an open house for Summer Reading sign ups at the library. The 'husband of wonder' graciously wore the Book Bear costume( we wont discuss the amount of frebreeze it took to make the costume tolerable) and walked in the kiddie parade, and posed with the high school royalty, little miss carried the banner for the middle school band, and my youngest son of course marched with the high school band. He says the best part of the uniform is the swashbuckling hat....and I must agree!
I hope everyone's weekend was a grand adventure as well...........blessings, Theresa

2 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Just remember tomorrow when you get home from work you MIL and her silly dog will be on their way home...You will then be able to take a deep breath and stare at you craftroom and just giggle...:)

Sue said...

LOL....oh I can so identify! When the same situation happens here, it is talk of people (in great detail) that I do not know and what should we eat for supper - at 9:00 a.m. in the morning. This goes on all day.